mahindralogover

Mahindra & Mahindra to launch 2-wheelers this January end

mahindralogover

Mahindra & Mahindra is about to enter the two-wheeler  market this January end. It has been over six months that M&M had bought Kinetic and now plans to enter the competition with two upgraded products of the Kinetic. The new products will be launched by a new firm that M&M and Kinetic had formed “Mahindra Kinetic” in July 2008, in which M&M held 80% stake while Kinetic Motors retained the remaining 20%.

The Mahindra Kinetic will enter the market with upgrades of Kinetic’s currently available gearless scooters, Flyte and Nova. The modified versions will be available in showrooms by the end of the month.

Both scooters will be co-branded Mahindra Kinetic and there will be no change in their prices. The 125-cc Flyte and 135-cc Nova are cur-rently priced at around Rs 41,000 ex-showroom Delhi. “Mahindra has al-ready begun production of these co-branded two wheelers at its Pithampur plant near Indore and will start dispatching them to dealers soon,” said the Kinetic dealer.

The company had taken its dealers for a tour of its Pithampur plant earlier this week. M&M is serious about attacking the two-wheeler business with products both in the entry level mass market as well as in the lifestyle and performance segment. The company has been in partnership talks with various global bike brands to source products for the top end of the market. The bottom end will be serviced by products made and designed inhouse.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND DISCUSS

————————————————–

source : economic times

RSS xKmph Community

  • An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.

Like Us on FaceBook

Subscribe to xKmph Blog